Help Needed: Exports for Mac and Linux

edited November 2019 in General
...so we can have Mac and Linux downloads on the main site.

Post below if you're willing to give it a go.

Edit:
To make an export work, under Resources/Filters to export non-resource files, add:
*.txt, *.md, *.csv, *.vbinary

Comments

• I am a linux guy but unfortunately I do not have any experience yet for exporting some projects in Godot. But sooner or later I have to learn that. So maybe I could give it a try. :-)
  • @kryzmak, You might try an export on a smaller project first, then this project after it goes live on the 9th. We can hope it works on the first go... (I have had to troubleshoot exports sometimes. A few things work differently than running from the editor.)
  • I dont use either but I have made linux exports and it is super easy with godot.
  • edited November 2019
    That's good to hear. I had to troubleshoot to make any export work at first, not surprisingly due to file system issues. I, Voyager does most of its resource loading by search based on data table entries. I tried to get ahead of some known Mac issues but we'll see...
  • edited November 2019
    Yeah, so maybe not so easy export anyways. I have no mac export experience as I don't have any mac computer.
  • Oh! forgot to mention:
    To make an export work, under Resources/Filters to export non-resource files, add:
    *.txt, *.md, *.csv, *.vbinary